Aerial Yoga For Absolute Beginners
Aerial Yoga For Absolute Beginners is suitable for .... Absolute Beginners!
This class is designed for women and men curious about how yoga in a hammock helps your mind and your spine. The soft fabric of the hammock supports your body allowing gravity to lengthen your spine and release muscle tension. In our daily routine we may find our bodies slumping forward from fatigue of sitting or standing for long periods of time. Hanging in a hammock right side-up or upside down is a break for your body to counteract the daily routine, align your spine, necks, shoulders and hips and improve your posture. The hammock allows your body to access a wider range of motion with ease on your joints as you surrender to suspension in a soft fabric off the ground.
Are you curious and want to try new things, discover different ways to move your body, impress yourself with what you can do? Aerial yoga offers all that in a fun, self-paced class with challenges for your body and mind. Are you worried about the hammock supporting your weight? It holds up to 5000lbs, so no problem! Get off your feet and come hang with me for a happy spine!
What To Wear and Bring
- wear comfy clothing, that is fitted or can be tucked in for when you learn to turn upside down
- A short sleeve or long sleeve shirt and fitted socks to keep hammocks nice and clean
- Bring a bottle of water and a sweat towel, as needed
Boost Your Mood through Yoga
- reduce pain, discomfort and inflammation
- reduce stress, depression, and anxiety
- improve mood, boost self-esteem
- support a healthy immune system, memory and cognitive function